TextMate 2.0 alpha 主要改进：
- views: , I actually had this on the alpha milestone, I’m not overly excited about this feature myself, but I know it’s a very common request, so eventually it should its way into the application.
- Full screen mode: This is mainly because we are hesitant to go Lion-only so we are holding back with “lionizing” TextMate till we feel confident we can fully drop backwards compatibility.
- Performance: Overall performance is fine, but there are still edge-cases that we haven’t looked into, for example the long lines issuealso exists in 1.x or opening files that exhaust TextMate’s memory space.
- Bundle editor: While a proof-of-concept bundle editor is included, it is provisional, has some flaws, and not how we envision the final bundle editor to be.
- Settings: Not everything in the Preferences window has an effectthe moment and several menu settings are not sticky, some even revert when switching tabs. Those can be via
.tm_properties— about this in an upcoming post.